1. Both Lake and Wells are being tested for chemical contents and ensure oxygen levels are adequate.
2. County extension agent has been contacted for their expertise.
3. New Mexico State University has been contacted to get their Aqua Biologist to assist in the investigation.
4. Also, our engineers have been engaged to investigate all other possibilities toward the lake’s health.
5. Some fish will be sent to a lab for evaluation.
At this present time, it appears to be a single incident however our investigation continues. The Police Department is asking for
any unusual activity to be reported.
Matt White, City Manager