City of Jal Closed Until Further Notice
Due to COVID-19, the City of Jal has made the decision to minimize its staff. Under the Governor’s directive, the City is applying social distancing procedures. State officials are encouraging everyone to do their part and practice these procedures. People, especially those who are sick are being asked to stay home.
Although we will be closed, we will still be able to help in the event residents have issues or concerns.
- Water issues can be directed to Van Myrick
- Utility payments will be by dropbox (located outside of City Hall) or by visiting https://www.xpressbillpay.com/#/
- You may contact Molly Sanchez about utility connects/disconnects
- Funeral Arrangements will be arranged through Molly Sanchez
- MVD will be shut down completely
Van Myrick – Public Works 575-441-6926
Joe Cole – Community Services 909-260-3194
Matt White – City Manager 575-441-5965
Stephen Aldridge – Mayor 575-441-1825
Molly Sanchez – City Clerk 575-390-4084
Desiree Lopez – Treasurer 575-640-9115
COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. If you experience these symptoms you are encouraged to call the hotline immediately.
The NMDOH COVID-19 hotline 1-855-600-3453