The City of Jal Coronavirus COVID-19 Precautions
March 16, 2020
The City of Jal is taking special precautions at this time due to the Coronavirus COVID-19. The World Health Organization declared COVID-19 to be a “Public Health Emergency of International Concern” and categorized it as a pandemic.
To decrease foot traffic in City Hall, we will have our doors locked:
- If you are sick, you will not be allowed to enter City Hall.
- MVD customers will be taken by appointment only. To schedule an appointment call the MVD at 575-395-3340 Ext. 226
- Road tests will not be taken during this time.
- The Water Department is urging customers to make use of the online payment method through Xpress bill pay https://www.xpressbillpay.com/#/ and by dropbox, or phone call. If it is necessary to make a payment in person, call the Utility Clerk at 575-395-3340 Ext. 225
- Other 575-395-3340
- City Manager – Ext. 221
- Mayor – Ext 228
- City Clerk –Ext. 229
- Deputy City Clerk – Ext. 230
- Junior Accountant – Ext. 231
- Assistant Treasurer – Ext. 232
The City of Jal will also cancel all Community Center rentals starting today through April 10th. Customers will have the option to be refunded or schedule for a later date.
We ask people protect themselves by washing their hands often, using hand sanitizer, avoiding contact from people who are sick, staying home if you are sick, and covering your coughs and sneezes.
World Health Organization - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happen
Center of Disease Control - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
New Mexico Department of Health - https://cv.nmhealth.org/