Jal and Cooper Cemetery
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
575-395-3340 ext. 230 or ext. 229
- The City must be notified at least 12 hours prior to burial, during open normal hours of operation.
- The right is reserved by the City to require notice before 12:00PM on Friday for a Saturday or Sunday interment.
- 1 casket or 2 cremains are permitted per lot
- Cooper Cemetery lots consist of a North and South side in 1 lot, allowing 2 people to be buried in 1 lot.
- The City must be notified 1 week prior to disinterment.
Payments may be made to the City Clerk or Deputy City Clerk at City Hall, 309 Main St., to purchase pre-needed lots by means of monthly payment schedule. A minimum deposit of 25% per lot is required. The remaining balance may be paid out over six (6) months from the contract date in equal monthly installment amounts. No deeds will be issued, or interments performed until total purchase price is paid.
The City of Jal will repurchase property from the lot owners for the original purchase price less a $10 documentation and filing fee. Lot owners must submit the original deed or accurate documentation establishing ownership to the City Clerk or Deputy City Clerk prior to processing of refund. Deeds are non-transferrable.
You must get in contact with the Community Services Director prior to any placement of any markers, monument, statues, sepulchral structures, benches, or planting of flowers, trees or shrubs at the Jal or Cooper Cemeteries.
Community Services Director - Joe Cole